Series Name: My Early Learning Series
This book can be used with young children to develop early observational and reading skills and to:
· develop left to right and top to bottom eye tracking
· develop sequencing skills
· recognise items that are the same
· recognise items that are different
· develop an understanding of prepositions
How to help:
· Train children to trace or draw from left to right and from top to bottom.
· Help them by identifying the starting point. Encourage them to follow the arrows.
· Practise identifying things that are the same or different in the real world.
· Practise sequencing by using concrete shapes e.g. square, circle, triangle, etc
· Practise prepositions by asking the student to do something e.g. Put this pen
· under the box, or next to the stapler, etc
· Use the stickers and progress chart to encourage completion of each page.