Series Name: My Early Learning Series
This book can be used with young children to develop early Phonics skills and to:
• recognise the association between letters and sounds
• recognise initial sounds
• teach the alphabet
• practise letter formations
How to help:
• Practise saying or singing the alphabet with the child
• Distinguish between upper and lowercase letters
• Teach the child to listen for the first sound in a word
• Match sound with their accompanying letter
• Ask appropriate questions e.g. Can you show me capital letter D? How about small letter d?
• Use the stickers and progress chart to encourage completion of each page.