Series Name: My Early Learning Series
This book can be used with young children to develop early Maths skills and to:
• recognise sequential counting numbers from 1-10
• recognise sequential numerals for the numbers from 1-10
• count from 1-10 while establishing a one-to-one correspondence
• correctly write the numerals from 1-10 by following the arrows
How to help:
• Count with the child, making sure that he/she recognises the last number in the count as the number of objects.
• Point to each object as it is counted, in order to avoid miscounting.
• Teach the child to move items to one side as they are counted, and not to count in a random manner.
• Teach rhymes to help the child remember the number names e.g. 1…2…buckle your shoe, 3…4…open the door, etc.
• Ask appropriate questions e.g. Can you show me 5 pencils?
• Use the stickers and progress chart to encourage completion of each page.